Close Menu

Long Beach Privacy Violation & Consumer Rights Attorney

Atty. Robin PerryWhen you deal with a government agency or a company, you have certain rights, including consumer and privacy rights. And when they’re violated, you can absolutely bring about legal action against the defendant.

However, since government agencies and companies may have more resources than you, you need a lawyer on your side to help you with your case. Then, you’ll have a fighting chance of getting what you deserve out of your claim.

Our Lawyers Serve Los Angeles County

If your consumer and/or privacy rights have violated, the Long Beach privacy and consumer rights lawyers at The Law Office of Robin D. Perry & Associates can assist you. For over two decades, we’ve been representing clients in Long Beach and Los Angeles. You can give us a call at 562-216-2944 to schedule your consult today. In the meantime, learn more about privacy and consumer rights violations and our legal services.

Mismanagement of Private Records

If a government or company agency took your private records and somehow mismanaged them, that could cause great harm to you and your family. For example, if a hospital did not follow privacy laws when handling your medical records, then they could be held liable for privacy violations. You’d need to hire a Long Beach privacy violation lawyer to help you with your lawsuit. The Law Office of Robin D. Perry & Associates helps consumers whose privacy has been violated by businesses, hospitals and government agencies throughout Los Angeles county and Southern California.

Mishandling of Social Security Numbers

atm cardYou use your Social Security number for so many things. When you’re trying to get a credit card, loan, or mortgage, you need to provide it for a credit check. When you’re opening up a bank account, attempting to rent an apartment, dealing with the DMV, doing your taxes, or undergoing a background check for a new job, you’ll have to hand it over. If it gets into the hands of the wrong person, they could steal your identity and ruin your credit, which could have negative consequences on your life for years to come.

If a government agency or company is at fault for mishandling your Social Security number, then you deserve compensation for their reckless behavior.

Mismanaging Employment Records

When you apply for a job, you need to provide sensitive information like your Social Security number and date of birth. Your employer should have it on file at all times and in a safe place. If they do not, and your information gets out, then they should have to pay for their mistake. When you get in touch with the lawyers at The Law Offices of Robin D. Perry & Associates, we’ll determine what happened and how we can bring about a claim against your employer, whether they are the government or a private company.

Information on Privacy Violation Lawsuits

wooden judge gavel on tableUsually, privacy violation lawsuits will involve things like theft, negligence, and the illegal collection or sale of your private data.

For instance, in terms of negligence, perhaps you went to the dentist, and instead of storing your patient records in a locked file cabinet, the receptionist left it out on a table for everyone to see. Or, if the dentist had an electronic filing system, maybe they didn’t password protect it and anyone working in the office could go in and view and/or modify your private information. They also might not have made your information encrypted, and a hacker gained access to it and stole it.

In another example, let’s say a company collected your data online without your permission. Or, a company may have sold your information without your permission, and now you’re getting all these marketing offers that you never consented to receiving.

Companies and government agencies need to comply with consumer rights and privacy laws, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). If they don’t, then you can hire a privacy and consumer rights lawyer to go after them.

Your lawyer will advise you on the best strategy for your lawsuit. You’ll need to collect evidence to support your case and prove that a company or government agency was in fact in violation. Then, you could potentially receive compensation for all the stress you’ve gone through and possibly for the money you’ve lost due to the violation of your rights.

Contact Us Now

If a company or government agency violated your rights, then you need to get in touch with the Los Angeles and Long Beach privacy and consumer rights lawyers at the Law Office of Robin D. Perry & Associates. You can call us at 562-216-2944 or contact us on our website. We look forward to helping you with your case and getting you the compensation that’s rightfully yours.

Contact Our Trusted
Legal Team Today!
Let's Discuss Your Case
protected by reCAPTCHA Privacy - Terms