While many police officers are honest and hard working, systematic abuse is still prevalent. The problem posed by the illegal exercise of police power is of particular concern for individuals of a disfavored race, class, alienage, or sexual orientation and for those who question authority.
As a former prosecutor, Robin Perry has worked closely with law enforcement and has seen the good, the bad and the ugly. Our firm has won punitive damages against police who violated the rights of ordinary citizens. Other cases have resulted on settlements.
Actionable police misconduct includes:
• Excessive Force and Police Brutality;
• Illegal Search and Seizure;
• Conspiracy to Violate Civil Rights
• Denial of Medical Attention
• Wrongful arrest and detention;
• Racially motivated misconduct;
• Failure to investigate;
• Malicious Prosecution
• Abuse of Process;
• Retaliatory Prosecution.
Should you, your family member or friend encounter police misconduct, please contact our firm.